Greenfield’s real estate litigation team has successfully handled all types of real estate disputes, including:
- breach of contract claims
- disputes concerning financing and partnership interests
- work-outs and other restructurings
- commercial landlord-tenant disputes, and
- eminent domain issues.
Our attorneys are skilled in negotiation, pre-litigation counseling and positioning as well as debtors’ and creditors’ rights, remedies and litigation. We have represented some of the largest real-estate based companies in California and the Bay Area, including owners, developers, investors, and lenders of commercial and residential real estate investments and properties.
Peery Arilliaga • Arcadia Development Company • Brandenburg Properties • Biagini Properties
Cases of Note
Loanvest VI LP v. VPL, et al.
- Greenfield successfully obtained a judgment of over $3M on a $2M loan after default
- Represented lender in a mixed collateral judicial foreclosure of lender’s interest in commercial real property and other assets of a trucking company
- Successfully obtained appointment of a receiver who then froze the company’s accounts, recovered funds, and preserve assets for our client. The Receiver also successfully made a claim on a bond to recoup funds for former employees of the trucking company after it was discovered that the principal of the trucking company had been, among other things, drained the employees’ 401k accounts
- Won summary judgment for (1) judicial foreclosure with the right to a deficiency judgment if the foreclosure sale proceeds did not satisfy the judgment, (2) breach of various promissory notes, and (3) alter ego, allowing our client to collect all the debts of the company from the principal personally
- Navigated the intricacies of the judicial foreclosure sale for its client, something rarely taken to its conclusion these days
Sobrato Interests v. Applied Ceramics, Inc.
- Represented Silicon Valley real estate developer, Sobrato Interests, in a lawsuit with its high-tech tenant, Applied Ceramics
- Won on all claims at binding arbitration securing damages for Sobrato and defeating Applied Ceramic’s breach of contract claim
- After the post-arbitration submission by GS, the arbitrator adopted the “Sobrato statement of facts with only minor modifications”
- Client awarded attorney’s fees and costs of over $360,000
Silver Creek v. TGIF, Inc.
- Secured pre-judgment remedies on behalf of Commerical lender against Thank God It’s Friday’s franchisee, leading to quick settlement and full recovery on lease damages owed